From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] udev problem
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:21:44
1 Hello,
2
3 In the SELinux handbook is noted that I should use use UDEV management
4 of /dev and no tar bal in /etc/conf.d/rc:
5
6 RC_DEVICES="udev"
7 RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"
8
9 But if configure my /dev like this, I loose al my security labels and
10 they always return to the standart device_t, which causes my system to
11 hang in enforcement mode.
12 I played around with them and noted that when I use static management
13 and do store /dev to a tarball it does work correct, but then other
14 programs start to misbehave, even when not in enforcement mode. For
15 exampke konsole hangs on startup. kwifimanager can't find su to edit
16 it's settings. If I return to udev management and no tarball, everything
17 works fine again, except for the security labels.
18 Does anyone no why udev does not work properly with securitylabels?
19 Should I file a bug report on this?
20
21 Mivz
22 --