From: Brant Williams <brant.williams@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RIP hardened-sources
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 22:05:03
1 Thanks to everyone involved in the Gentoo Hardened project, especially
2 Spender and Pax Guy, for the effort and guidance throughout the years. The
3 anecdotes shared in this thread echo my own experiences to a degree, and
4 I've learned a lot about computer security by trying to get the grsec RBAC
5 system fully functional.
6
7 It's saddening to read the news today, and also to read that article in The
8 Guardian; makes me really wish I'd been much more involved with this stuff.
9
10 I donated a small amount, long ago, and always felt a sense of pride seeing
11 my name on the grsec website.
12
13 Here's to (not) getting rewted!
14