From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] permission problem in /etc
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:01:42
1 On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:15:50PM -0400, Alain Toussaint wrote:
2 > In the end, this is no longer apropos (for now) because I transferred all
3 > my mail setup to google apps for business but I got a new spare computer
4 > which I will use for R&D of a numbers of projects including developing
5 > policy files for selinux.
6 >
7 > Do you have some project for which I could help develop policy files? This
8 > will be a good way for me to learn selinux.
9
10 Developing policies isn't a good way to start learning SELinux. It is about
11 using, finding out in which logs files to find information, and what the log
12 entries tell you.
13
14 Understanding SELinux and its denials is needed before you can build
15 policies. Otherwise your policy will most likely not pass the mustard...
16
17 But I'm not going to stop you from contributing if you want ;-) On our
18 bugzilla, there is a requests for a policy for miniupnpd. But there are
19 probably other applications or services that we offer that still do not have
20 a proper policy with it (after all, we have about 230 policy modules whereas
21 there are several thousand packages in our tree...
22
23 Wkr,
24 Sven Vermeulen