From: Radek Madej <radegand@××.pl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] What to do with old 1) profiles and 2) kernels
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:03:54
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thursday 14 June 2012 10:51:24 Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 > Hi everyone,
5 >
6 > There are two issues I want to bounce off the community. Easy one first:
7 >
8 > 1) We still have the old 10.0 hardened profiles on the tree. They've
9 > been marked deprecated for about two years and I have no idea what state
10 > they're in. I'm going to punt them in a day unless someone gives me a
11 > really good reason to keep them.
12
13 +1
16 > 2) There are some old hardened-sources kernels. Upstream says, don't
17 > keep them around! Here's the forum post:
18 >
19 > http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?t=2980&p=11841#p11841
20 >
21 > From now on, I'm going to be keeping only the last two stable kernels
22 > in each of the 2.6.32.x and 3.x branch, ie, when I stabilize a new one,
23 > I'll drop the last stable at the same time. If you report issues in a
24 > timely fashion, that'll keep me from prematurely stabilizing.
27 +1
30 Radek