From: "Rusinsky Stanislas Herman W. A." <rusinskystanislas@×××××.fr>
To: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Fwd: Problems login in
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:06:48
1 > Login: root
2 > > Password:
3 > > login: unable to obtain context for root
4 > > <bla bla asking new context>[y] n
7 > read http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-faq.xml#doc_chap9
8 >
9 > mayb this has something to do w/ weither 'loadpolicy' is in features?
10
11 I have had the same problem a week ago with a bow created from scratch,
12 bootstrapped 2.4 with a kernel 2.6.3-rc1.
13
14 Relabeling didn't help, the context was at all events right, neither
15 providing it manually as requested (sysadm_r, then sysadm_t) did
16 actually help.
17
18 I thought it could be kernel related, as the 2.6.3-rc3 had some policy
21 the config: (gcc version 3.3.2 20040119 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r7,
22 propolice-3.3-7)).
23
24 Any hint anyone ? The latest kernel log in /var/log/messages/ does only
25 show some AVC denied access to /dev/urandom which regarding Method might
26 be related to hardening patches in the Glibc (I don't rememeber which
27 one :) )
28
29 Stanislas
32 I haven't lost my mind.
33 It must be backed up on a disk, somewhere...