From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] What should we talk about at FOSDEM?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:03:22
1 On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:01:19 +0100
2 "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > In general FOSDEM requires us to speak about development related stuff
5 > so keeping that in mind, what would you like us to prepare for talk(s)
6 > at FOSDEM next year? We are open to suggestions.
7
8 With Opera 12.10 requiring RWX mmap (fingers crossed the bug won't be
9 Closed as WON'T FIX) but also PIE and grsecurity features being brought
10 into the unpatched kernel more and more as well as 64 bit becoming
11 dominant. Is the future likely to see more or less hardened
12 compatibility and less development time by default and how did previous
13 expectations turn out up until now.