From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] flawfinder rats logs
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:02:57
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 07:34 +0300, Rumen Yotov wrote:
6 >>Hi,
7 >>Recently began using flawfinder& rats and they're working (logging things).
8 >>For now don't have time to look at the logs (beside *me* needing more
9 >>time to check them), so is there some place/person which
10 >>collects/is_interested in such info.
14 >You should probably hold on to these.
15 >Most of us are capable of running these commands for ourselves.
19 >>Maybe some meta-bug or other, or
20 >>just send they upstream (if correct)?
24 >Real bugs should mailed upstream.
28 >>Any experiences with them, are they correct?
32 >Sadly neither of the tools can take into account program execution
33 >flows. I tend to view them these tools as pretty much nothing more than
34 >glorified grep commands. Handy if your looking for the obvious, but most
35 >of the obvious bugs have been fixed obviously for some time.
36 >
37 >Keep your logs. When you are sure you have pinpointed something that you
38 >know is a bug, then feel free to file a bug preferably with a patch that
39 >fixes the problem also.
43 Hi,
44 Thanks for your answer.
45 Think this is the most sensible thing to do. So they're not that much
46 sophisticated.
47 PS: taking in account the number of packages/apps maybe there are still
48 some with bugs left ;)
49 Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature