From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Selinux Update Failed
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:02:45
1 On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 09:34:49AM +0200, Cor Legemaat wrote:
2 > On my system with the last update I receive a warning message of:
3 >
4 > * SELinux module load failed. Trying full reload...
5 > * Failed to reload SELinux policies.
6 > *
7 > * If this is *not* the last SELinux module package being installed,
8 > * then you can safely ignore this as the reloads will be retried
9 > * with other, recent modules.
10 > *
11 > * If it is the last SELinux module package being installed however,
12 > * then it is advised to look at the error above and take appropriate
13 > * action since the new SELinux policies are not loaded until the
14 > * command finished succesfully.
15 > *
16 > * To reload, run the following command from within
17 > /usr/share/selinux/targeted:
18 > * semodule -b base.pp -i $(ls *.pp | grep -v base.pp)
19 > * or
20 > * semodule -b base.pp -i $(ls *.pp | grep -v base.pp | grep -v
21 > unconfined.pp)
22 > * depending on if you need the unconfined domain loaded as well or not.
23 >
24 > When I tried to execute the cmd manual:
25 >
26 > k53s cor # cd /usr/share/selinux/targeted/
27 > k53s targeted # semodule -b base.pp -i $(ls *.pp | grep -v base.pp)
28 > libsepol.permission_copy_callback: Module mysql depends on permission
29 > epollwakeup in class capability2, not satisfied (No such file or directory).
30 > libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or
31 > directory).
32 > semodule: Failed!
33
34 What kernel version are you running?
35
36 What does "ls /sys/fs/selinux/class/capability2/perms/" give back?
37
38 There was a small window where the block_suspend capability was called
39 epollwakeup, but that was resolved in July this year...
40
41 Also check if selinux-mysql is (still) installed on your system (or needed),
42 perhaps the mysql.pp file is outdated. The command "ls -ltr
43 /usr/share/selinux/strict/" should show that most/all modules are built
44 fairly close to each other.
45
46 Wkr,
47 Sven Vermeulen