From: Tad <tadglines@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SElinux on filesystems other than ext[23]
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:52:25
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have been experimenting with running SELinux on filesystems other than
4 ext2 and ext3. My first attempt was with reiserfs(3.6) plus some patches
5 from SUSE. I was able to get it (sort of) working after I fixed a locking
6 issue. I found that it was a bit slow and tended to loose corrupt the
7 context label. I decided that the xattr patch for reiserfs was just to slow
8 and hackish. So I moved on to XFS as it already had xattr support.
9
10 To get SElinux to work on XFS all that seems needed is a minor change to
11 xfs_iops.[hc] so that it will recognize and allow security.* xattrs. I've
12 made the changes, and created a 2.4.21 kernel with XFS, the ea+acl patchset
13 and SElinux. There is almost no overlap and the only manual merging required
14 is when adding the SElinux. The quota stuff changes with XFS and so the
15 security_quotactl call has to be moved fro the deleted dquot.c to the new
16 quota.c.
17
18 I'm testing my changes right now and would like to know if anyone else is
19 interested in a SElinux+xfs combination.
20
21 -Tad
25 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list