From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] full system encryption
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:10:02
1 read this
2 http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
3
4 and these
5 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=31363&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
6
7 I'd really like something like this, particularly the example
8 in the aes readme about using a passphrase, and gpg
9 key on a usb dongle to mount the filesystem at boot time
10
11 so basically i'm asking for volunteers to set up something
12 like this, an ebuild that would create the initrd, and docs
13 about encrypting the filesystems, etc.
14
15 Then after that we should get the stuff on a livecd to permit
16 initial installation onto a fully encrypted system..
17
18 The system would probably start out fairly rudementary,
19 just to get it working.. please drop by #gentoo-hardened
20 on freenode or reply here if you are interested in working
21 on this..
24 Joshua Brindle
27 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list