From: petre rodan <kaiowas@g.o>
To: Stefan SF <stefan@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] [selinux] policy for ez-ipupdate
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:55:22
1 Hi Stefan,
2
3 Stefan SF wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I've written a policy for ez-ipupdate (DynDNS) and guess it is not so secure as
7 > I think ;-) Maybe I've opened a whole in the policy.
8 > Here are the files:
9
10 any daemon that starts out of the initrc_t must domain_auto_trans to a new domain.
11 you might want to use the daemon_domain macro to accomplish that.
12
13 get inspiration from other daemon policies.
14
15 > What are your thoughts about the "allow initrc_t ..."? I don't know if they are
16 > opening wholes in the system?! Maybe I should create a new type like
17 > initrc_ezipupdate_t or something else.
18 > What are your opinions about the policy?
19
20 it has to be rewritten.
21
22 bye,