From: PaX Team <pageexec@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Python stops working after upgrade
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 23:39:29
1 On 29 May 2013 at 1:46, "Tóth Attila" wrote:
2
3 > I didn't laugh my ass ofter after discovering that python stopped working
4 > after upgrade. Especially since the package management system depends on a
5 > working python instance.
6 > Right after emerging python-2.7.5:
7 > paxctl-ng -v /usr/bin/python2.7
8 > /usr/bin/python2.7:
9 > PT_PAX : -E---
10 > XATTR_PAX : not found
11 >
12 > Let's put there the missing "m":
13 > paxctl-ng -m /usr/bin/python2.7
14
15 python should work with EMUTRAMP enabled only, there's no need to disable
16 MPROTECT (unless there's more breakage than libffi but then i'd need more
17 information on it). note also that the above PT_PAX value tries to turn
18 on EMUTRAMP in softmode (beyond not disabling it in hardmode) but it'll
19 fail to actually do so since PAGEEXEC/SEGMEXEC are not turned on at the
20 same time. IOW, paxctl -zx is enough, no need for -zEx.