From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] errors during selinux-base-policy-20070329 merge
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:21:14
1 On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 10:43 +0200, Marek Wróbel wrote:
2 > Chris PeBenito wrote:
3 > > Already fixed, please emerge sync. However you'll likely run into a
4 > > toolchain bug that was just uncovered this week :(
7 > Could you write any details about this bug before we run into it ? I
8 > would like to know what to do not to screw my system up.
9
10 Its a bug during the link/expand portion of the final policy building.
11 This happens when the policy is rebuilt because you insert or remove a
12 policy module using semodule. It causes install/remove transactions to
13 fail. I'm not 100% sure what the circumstances are that hits this bug,
14 but I think it has to do with booleans that are optionally declared in
15 modules. If you want to just avoid all this, wait until I post that a
16 fixed toolchain is available before using the 20070329 policies.
17 Hopefully it should be sometime this week since a patch is in testing.
20 Chris PeBenito
21 <pebenito@g.o>
22 Developer,
23 Hardened Gentoo Linux
24
25 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
26 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243