From: Andreas Philipp <philipp.andreas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Gentoo Hardened + Xen + Pax + Grsecurity
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:01:38
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 I'm new to Gentoo Hardened. So please be patient if I'm asking stupid
4 questions. On my server running xen-3.0.2 I'm trying to set up a domU
5 runnig Gentoo Hardened with Pax and Grsecurity. Now i've three question:
6 1) Is this possible/meanigfull?
7 2) I'm using a stage3 from the 2006.1 profile and then I must
8 DOWNGRADE glibc (I got it work...). Is this normal/o.k.?
9 3) Does anyone know a good guide to get familiar with those security
10 enhancements?
11 My architecture: Intel Core 2 Duo, so I've a x86-64/amd64 with smp.
12 At the moment all system are 64bit and I would like to keep that if
13 possilbe.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Andreas