From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] pidgin & nvidia-drivers-355.11
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:40:35
1 Hi!
2
3 On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 09:33:15PM +0200, PaX Team wrote:
4 > > > 1. enable ELFRELOCS in your kernel config (and keep MPROTECT enforced
5 > > > on all binaries)
6 > > Done. This works. I don't really like it, but let it be, at least for now.
7 > well, disabling MPROTECT is much worse, this way you can at least
8 > control which binaries can map libaries with textrels.
9
10 I don't get it. With MPROTECT I control which binaries won't be protected.
11 With ELFRELOCS I don't control binaries and all of them will be less protected.
12 And I doubt "all less protected" is better than "few not protected".
15 WBR, Alex.