From: Drew <drew.kay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened and 2006.1 - how?
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 06:32:47
1 On 10/2/06, Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > 2006.1 by default installs glibc2.4. The hardended profile blocks
3 > glibc2.4. Portage doesn't want you to downgrade glibc. Am I missing
4 > something or does hardened and 2006.1 not get along?
5
6 They don't get along. AFAIK it's due to an issue with gcc4/toolchain
7 not being ready to be released in hardened form. Haven't heard what
8 the expected release date is but for now I'm sticking with 2005.* and
9 keeping my fingers crossed nothing breaks before gcc4.x is ready.
12 -Drew
13 --
14 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list