From: Dale Pontius <DEPontius@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:04:17
1 pedro wrote:
2
3 > I download the iso image:
4 >
5 > livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso
6 >
7 > I follow the steps of:
8 >
9 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
10 >
11 > When I execute the emerge system:
12 >
13 > ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
14 > function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
15 > Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
16 >
17 > I'm not gentoo user, I use Red Hat, but I want to know Gentoo SELinux.
18 >
19 > What can I do.
20
21 You don't have to start with SELinux install. The HowTo also contains
22 instructions to change a regular Gentoo installation to add SELinux.
23 Gentoo is quite a bit different from RedHat. I would suggest starting
24 with a regular Gentoo installation, get familiar with it for a month or
25 two, then convert it to SELinux.
26
27 Dale
28 --