From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
Cc: Hardened Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-hardened@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Major merge problems
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:37:23
1 On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 15:15, Mike Williams wrote:
2 > > This is probably some weird problem with the old python-selinux.
3 > > Unmerge that, and it will most likely work. We've done a lot more
4 > > testing on python-selinux-2.7 for the new API, and hopefully this kind
5 > > of weird bug will not happen.
6 >
7 > Righto, will try this tomorrow.
8 > I may just boot into a non-selinux kernel to upgrade it to the new API.
9
10 The one catch is that you have to be running a SELinux kernel when you
11 do a 'make relabel'. Setfiles now checks with the kernel for valid
12 contexts, and will fail on a non SELinux kernel, or a SELinux kernel
13 with no policy loaded.
14 --
15 Chris PeBenito
16 <pebenito@g.o>
17 Developer, SELinux
18 Hardened Gentoo Linux
19
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
21 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243