From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: "Out of the box" SELinux policy questions...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:34:16
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2
3 > It would be nice to find out more specifically what is going on with the
4 > other two denials, but I suspect that it will be ok to allow. I use
5 > dhcpcd on my server, but don't see this problem.
6
7 Thanks for all your help so far. Over this weekend I upgraded to the
8 new, modular SELinux policy and applied the strict policy to my system.
9 This seems to have removed the majority of my audit messages, so I'm
10 guessing the 2005.1 policy files were just out of date.
11
12 I do have a few questions about the new policy setup.
13
14 1. How can I see what policy rules are defined in a compiled policy
15 module? I need to add some rules to handle interactions between
16 multiple services but I want to make sure the labels are correct first,
17 and use the correct domain types. But without the policy sources I
18 haven't figured out how to see what rules are available.
19
20 2. This one is specific to sudo. I added a couple of rules relating to
21 sudo:
22
23 allow sysadm_sudo_t self:netlink_route_socket r_netlink_socket_perms;
24 allow sysadm_sudo_t pam_var_run_t:dir { getattr search write };
25
26 but I remember from looking through the older policy sources that sudo
27 actually defines more than one $1_sudo_t type that all get the same
28 rules. Is there a way in my local.te file to look up and apply my two
29 transition rules to every defined *_sudo_t type, or will I need to
30 specify each one individually?
31
32 --Mike
33 --