From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Pam and SELinux
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:40:54
1 Richard Simpson wrote:
2
3 > Greetings,
4 >
5 > I have just installed hardened Gentoo this week (based on the 2.6.7 kernel),
6 > and everything seems to be working normally (at least I think so).
7 >
8 > One puzzlement is that /etc/pam.d/login and other pam config files do not
9 > have an entry for pam_selinux.so. Do I need to edit these files accordingly?
10 > Pam is not discussed much in the otherwise excellent documentation.
11 >
12 > Richard Simpson
15 You do not need to edit the pam.d files because Gentoo uses login and
16 sshd patches to handle login context and to relabel the terminals rather
17 than the pam module. This is because the pam module has had some issues
18 in the past that have not been corrected (Fedora is currently switching
19 back to login service patches rather than pam_selinux for the same reason).
22 P.S.
23 Please don't add sender notification to emails to the list.
24
25 Joshua Brindle
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list