From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Heads up: hardened stages don't build correctly out of the box
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:07:18
1 I just wasted a bit of time here, so for the benefit of anyone else
2 playing with a fresh hardened build can I point out an easily fixed, but
3 show stopper bug.
4
5 When/If you rebuild libselinux the ebuild fails with a lot of errors.
6 Scrolling back to the first error it should be obvious that there is a
7 file called Python.h missing, or at least missing in that build is
8 looking for a Python 2.4 specific version and the current stages supply
9 Python 2.3.
10
11 In my case I needed to install swig and Python2.4 and now I can upgrade
12 libselinux without trouble. Hopefully I can now do "emerge -e system"
13 without trouble...
14
15 I filed a bug on this, but just a heads up for anyone else
16
17 Regards
18
19 Ed W