From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] The status of grsecurity upstream and hardened-sources downstream
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:34:21
1 Hi!
2
3 On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:28:27PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 > My plan then is as follows. I'll wait one more month and then send out
5 > a news item and later mask hardened-sources for removal.
6
7 Well, it's about a month now. I didn't replied earlier because others
8 already mentioned all good ideas and I was hoping these ideas will be
9 accepted… :(
10
11 But, just in case, I'm +1 for both ideas to keep 4.9 LTS support as long
12 as possible (and mark one of hardened-sources-4.9.x as stable) to give us
13 a couple of years to find another solution and/or develop a migration plan
14 from GrSecurity/PaX to RSBAC (or anything else which provide best
15 available security level for modern kernels) - anything better than just
16 "switch to gentoo-sources and enable SeLinux to feel real pain" will go.
17
18 Seriously, which options we actually have right now, if hardened-sources
19 will be masked on next week and removed from the tree on next month?
22 WBR, Alex.