From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o, Simone <kopspa@××××××××××.it>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] grsecurity problem
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:44:41
1 gentoo-sources is not maintained by the Hardened team, write a bug about it and it'll get assigned to the kernel team, they should be able to sort it out, give them as much info as possible including the .config from the bad kernel.
2
3 Joshua Brindle
4
5 >>> Simone <kopspa@××××××××××.it> 05/18/03 05:34PM >>>
6
7 UPDATE: vanilla + grsec 2.0pre4 + bootsplash worked (even with all prelinked
8 bins)
9 I think that is a gentoo-sources bug or something similar
10
11 > hi, i'm running gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r5
12 >
13 > all ok , but if i enable grsecurity in my kernel config my system hangs at
14 >
15 > Freeing kernel memory: 144k freed
16 >
17 --- CUT ---
18 > i use prelink
19 > i have tried (before prelink) a vanilla kernel patched with grsecurity
20 > 2.0pre4 and it worked
21 > before gentoo i was using slackware with grsec ALL options enabled expect
22 > CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_PAGEEXEC and it worked fine
23 >
24 > any ideas ?
25 >
26 > tomorrow i'll try gentoo-sources with grsec in a system not-prelinked...
29 > --
30 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
38 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list