From: Markus Bartl <hardened@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] weak policy?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:27:26
1 Mike Edenfield schrieb:
2 > Markus Bartl wrote:
3 >> Hi there.
4 >>
5 >> Ive got my SELinux kernel up and running.
6 >> What im wondering about is that i can restart services without
7 >> changing to the sysadm_r role.
8 >
9 > Are you prompted for the root password when you execute one of the
10 > init.d scripts? And are you in permissive mode or enforcing mode?
11 >
12 > In general, a *lot* of strange problems with SELinux are caused by
13 > mislabeled file systems. If certain executables aren't labeled
14 > correctly, even in permissive mode, it will prevent the correct
15 > transitions from happening and produce odd symptoms later on. One
16 > common symptom of this is the rc system not cooperating with SELinux.
17 >
18 > I would suggest you relabel everything: rlpkg -a -r
19 > then reboot and see if your behavior is more what you expected.
20 >
21 > --K
22 >
23 Hi there.
24
25 Do i have to relabel while being in the sysadm_r role?
26 Im running in permissive mode. If i change to enforcing i cant even do
27 an ls on my own (/root) directory without changing to sysadm_r.
28 Many strange things...