From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Tool for eliminating non used code or symbols?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:02:34
1 Hi,
2 I'm looking for a way to reduce glibc code size.
3 It can be a way to make system smaller and minimize the impact
4 of attack vectors in glibc, as in return-to-libc attack.
5
6 Lets say I'm deleting the program 'mkdir', and mkdir uses a function
7 in glibc that non of the other parts of the system uses.
8 Then I want to eliminate this function from glibc. This leads to smaller
9 code and if this function is used in some attack scenario, maybe prevent it.
10
11 Is there a way to do it?
12 Can you help me think how to build a tool like this? or, integrate
13 with existing tools.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Kfir