From: Kevin <lists@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Obtaining a Xen/SELinux/PaX/GRSecurity kernel
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:52:05
1 Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 00:28 -0400, Kevin wrote:
3 >> xen-sources (which patches the kernel for xen but not for
4 >> SELinux/PaX/GRSecurity)
5 >>
6 >> or
7 >>
8 >> hardened-sources (which patches the kernel for SELinux/PaX/GRSecurity
9 >> but not for xen)
10 >
11 > Just so you know, SELinux is available in all 2.6 kernels, since it is
12 > integrated upstream (i.e. its in vanilla sources).
15 Huh!
16
17 I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.
18
19 Strangely, make menuconfig in a freshly installed xen-sources tree
20 doesn't show me any SELinux configuration options, so I just assumed
21 SELinux wasn't there, but after a make mrproper and make menuconfig, I
22 do now see the SELinux configuration options. But perhaps even more
23 strangely, now (after make mrproper), the XEN configuration options are
24 gone from make menuconfig. What's going on here?
25
26 -Kevin
29 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list