From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-gcc and glibc/gcc updates?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:38:59
1 First of all, thanks to all you guys for maintaining the hardened
2 profile! Consider me a happy user. About two weeks ago, I installed a
3 Gentoo machine from the scratch with _all_ the nifty features:
4 hardened-sources with SELinux, PaX, hardened-gcc, super-freeswan ...
5 everything. And it worked like charm, the whole installation took less
6 than 6 hours. Honestly, Gentoo rocks. :-)
7
8 I have a question, though: What happens when I update gcc, glibc, or
9 both? Does this affect hcc in some way? I assume, hcc uses the
10 versions it has been compiled for and I'd have to un-/install it after
11 updating gcc, and then after updating glibc again. Or does Portage
12 handle all this?
13
14 Peter
18 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list