From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] htpasswd generates incorrect password entries - apache 2.4?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 03:39:00
1 Can any of you confirm for me this?
2 I've just upgraded for the latest apache 2.4 from portage 2.4.4-r1.
3 I've reset the password of a user for basic authentication for a directory
4 after the upgrade. The user complained, that it's not working. No matter
5 if I generate an md5, an sha or a crypt password. It won't match. If I
6 generate the entry using online generators or I use a backup file, it
7 works. If I reset any password in an already existing file, the user will
8 no longer be able to log in, and apache complains the passwords aren't
9 match.
10 What's happening?
13 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
14 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057