From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: zhen@g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PenTest LiveCD
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 19:00:17
1 On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 14:18, John Davis wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Greets all:
6 > I am currently working on putting together a Gentoo LiveCD that can be used
7 > for Penetration Testing on hybrid networks. Basically, the CD will contain
8 > many well known security scanners, possibly some exploits, documentation,
9 > etc.
10 >
11 > What I need is some feedback on what security packages to include. This is
12 > what I have so far:
13 >
14 > Nessus
15 > xfree (using openbox for the wm)
16 > hping
17 > nmap
18 > netcat
19 > whois
20 > iptraf
21 > ettercap
22 > (ethereal included with the above)
23 > johntheripper
24 > samba
25 > traceroute
26 > (ipv6 tools would be nice also.. )
27 Please include
28
29 * lsof
30 * fenris
31 * exaiminer
32 * strace
33 * ltrace
34 * gdb
35 * valgrind
36 * elfkickers
37 * paxtest
38 * tcpdump
39 * ngrep
40 * dnsiff
41 * netstat-nat
42
43 == not in portage yet but worth looking at ==
44 * revirt (http://www.eecs.umich.edu/CoVirt/)
45 * amap
46
47 pretty much every thing on http://www.thc.org/releases.php is something
48 I want to get into portage sooner or later.
52 > for exploits:
53 > windows dcom exploit
54 > ( I need more here )
55 >
56 > Documentation:
57 > ??
58 >
59 > I will also protect the livecd with Project Firewall, and at some point in
60 > time, propolice, etc.
61 >
62 > Please comment on any of the above, as I am always open to suggestions.
63 >
64 > Regards,
65 > //zhen
66 >
67 > - --
68 > John Davis
69 > Gentoo Linux Developer
70 > <http://www.gentoo.org/~zhen>
71 >
73 > Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to change
74 > your world.
84 > --
85 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
86 --