From: nixnut <nixnut@×××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] syslog-ng wants to read /proc/kmsg. why?
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:32:45
1 >>For some reason syslog-ng finds it necessary to write to /proc/kmsg. The
2 >>policy does not allow this, so syslog-ng fails to start. Syslog-ng
3 >>complains that it can't open /proc/kmsg for reading, but according to
4 >>the policy it does have the rights to do so.
7 >This is a broken syslog-ng behavior. I fixed the policy for this a
8 >while ago, but it hasn't gone out yet because I've been away for the
9 >last month+.
10 >
11 Ah, I thought as much. Shouldn't syslog-ng get fixed then instead of the
12 policy ;-)
13 Could you post what I should change in the policy?
14
15 Oh, and thanks for the quick reply!
16
17 regards,