From: Brian Davis <bridavis@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Which hardened (SUB)project
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:14:43
1 The only comment I'll make is that Reiserfs doesn't support SELinux.
2
3 Alexander Gabert wrote:
4 > Constantine D. Kardaris wrote:
5 >
6 >> On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:44, Mathieu CASTEL wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Hello,
9 >>> I want to install a gentoo server with some hardened packages. I have tryed
10 >>> to install SELinux and I ran into some problems, no I have some clues to
11 >>> make it work, but I would like to know which hardened project would suit me
12 >>> well. I have seen SELinux, RSBAC.... I want to install on my server a samba
13 >>> sharing, in local, and a ssh, web and ftp server. There won't be a lot of
14 >>> users using it, it's for a peronal server, but I d like to put in some
15 >>> security features. What do you advise me?
16 >>>
17 >>> Thanks
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >>> ___________________________________________________________________________
26 >>> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions
27 >>> ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
28 >>> internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
29 >>>
30 >> Its actually on your own taste.
31 >> Try them all and keep the solution that fits you best...
32 >> IMHO rsbac and grsecurity are more complete solutions.
33 >>
34 >> con
39 > complete in terms of hardened support for policy and high quality
40 > developer contacts: selinux
41 >
42 > complete in terms of easy learning curve, self learning rules and
43 > hands-on experience: grsecurity
44 >
45 > complete in terms of scientific advantage, full covering framework and
46 > configurable to your hearts content without making sacrifices to any
47 > single component: rsbac
50 > make your choice, as he said :)
53 > Alex
56 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list