From: Marco Venutti <veeenrg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] "How hard" is Linux kernel-side hardening?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:10:37
1 --[cut]--
2 Remember that RSBAC does not work with PaX on a recent kernels.
3 --[cut]--
4
5 Thank you, 'cause this point
6 (the presence of a usable PaX)
7 is important to me!
8
9 --[cut]--
10 While there are some problems with keeping hardened-sources up
11 to date in Portage. ;) So you better use kernel patches from here:
12 http://www.grsecurity.net/~spender/ <http://www.grsecurity.net/%7Espender/>
13 --[cut]--
14
15 I see the GR-Security, provided in Hardened Gentoo,
16 is not the bare patch, but an "itself-patched" version,
17 so I'm wondering if these improvements become
18 part of the (following releases of the) official patch,
19 or not; I'm asking this just because, if improvements
20 are not included in the official patch, maybe it's better,
21 for me, to use the gentoo-hardened-kernel-source,
22 not-so-up-to-date, but improved!
23 What do you think about this?