From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] foldingathome and PAX
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:14:05
1 On 20 Apr 2009 at 21:03, Peter Hjalmarsson wrote:
2
3 > I realised earlier today that foldingathome (installed with the help of
4 > portage) had not started a new WU since 5 of april, and when I started
5 > to investigate I found out that the "cores" had problem running.
6 >
7 > cd /opt/foldingathome &&
8 > paxctl -c FahCore_*.exe &&
9 > paxctl -PEMrXS FahCore_*.exe
10 >
11 > makes it work again.
12 > foldingathome has worked in the past without problems, and I do not
13 > really know what have changed more then some kernel-upgrades (but
14 > booting the last kept 2.6.27-hardened did not help either) and keeping
15 > the userland up to stable x86.
16 > What can I do to not have to do this dance?
17
18 can you re-enable pax on the binaries and see if they produce any logs
19 (pax kills)? if they do, try to remove mprotect only and see if that
20 helps. the other issue could be a bad glibc and lack of GNU_STACK headers,
21 execstack -c would fix that without having to compromise on pax.