From: lunaslide <lunaslide@××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] LayerOne 2008 Call for Papers
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:00:10
1 LayerOne 2008 Information Technology Conference
2 Call for Papers
3
4 May 17 & 18, 2008
5 Los Angeles, California (Pasadena Hilton)
6 http://layerone.info/
7
8 The fifth annual LayerOne information technology conference is now
9 accepting submissions for topic and speaker selection. As always, we are
10 interested seeing a broad range of pertinent topics, and encourage all
11 submissions. Some of our past presentations have included:
12
13 - Hacking FedEx/Kinkos Smart Cards
14 - Anti-Forensics Techniques
15 - RFID Hacking
16 - Proximity Card Hacking
17 - Cryptographic Cracking Using FPGA Technology
18
19 We would love to see the same breadth and depth of submissions as we
20 have in previous years, so if you have an idea you’re on the fence about
21 - please send it in! For a complete list of past presentations, visit
22 our website at http://layerone.info.
23
24 Please be sure to include the following information in your submission:
25
26 - Presentation name
27 - A one-sentence synopsis of your topic
28 - A longer one to three paragraph synopsis or short outline of what you
29 plan on covering
30 - Names, email addresses and URLs of the presenter(s)
31 - A short (single-paragraph) biography of the presenter(s)
32
33 Once everything is ready to go, please email your submission to cfp [at]
34 layerone [dot] info no later than March 15, 2008. You will receive
35 notice no later than April 1, 2008 to let you know if your talk has been
36 accepted.
37
38 As we have a single presentation track, please bear in mind that
39 speaking slots are limited to one hour. While presenters typically
40 divide the hour into separate presentation and Q&A sessions, you may
41 structure your time however you see fit. If you think your presentation
42 will run longer, or have any special requirements, please include this
43 information in your submission and we will do our best to accommodate you.
44
45 Note: If the presentation is based upon code or a particular technique,
46 the presenter must be one of the developers of the code or technique and
47 be prepared to perform a demonstration.
48
49 We look forward to reviewing your submissions, and anticipate another
50 great line-up for this year’s conference. Once again, if you have any
51 questions about your submission, please email cfp [at] layerone [dot]
52 info. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to seeing you there!
53
54 Sincerely,
55 -The LayerOne Team
56 --