From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] locked out of selinux
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:32:24
1 Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I've recently converted one of our firewall/router/proxies to a hardened
5 > system.
6 >
7 > I changed the profile, rebuilt a kernel with selinux and recompiled all
8 > necessary packages.
9 >
10 > Everything seems to be ok until I set enforcing mode to on, then I get
11 > locked out of everything:
12 >
13 > permission denied on many binaries, ls, cat, echo etc.
14 > permission on some directories ie, /root missing.
15 > unable to login as perms on bash are gone.
16 >
17 > I also notice that courier-imap refuses to run in the right context and
18 > always runs as system_u:system_r:initrc_t.
19 >
20 > I previously installed a virtual machine with selinux etc to see if I
21 > could get my head round it and it all worked fine.
22 >
23 > What could be the reason for me getting locked out of my system when
24 > enforce mode is enabled?
25 >
26 > BTW I have relabeled filesystems several times as it looked originally
27 > like things just weren't labeled, however they seem fine until enforce
28 > mode is enabled.
29 >
30 > Grateful for any help.
31 >
32 > Thanks
33 >
34 > Matt
37 No-one has any clues on this? selinux seems like a good idea for our
38 firewalls and routers but i don't want to get locked out when running
39 enforced.
40
41 Thanks
42