From: andrewg@××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Grsec and shutdown (unable to umount / )
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 01:31:41
1 > > >
2 > > > I just want to verify if there is anyone here who also suffers this and
3 > > > what are the proper/needed steps to avoid this? (it's really painful to
4 > > > have to remember this and do a gradm -D each time)
5 > > >
6 > >
7 > > If you have the sshd flag marked as protected
8 >
9 > Huh. Please elaborate. I'm new to using a hardened kernel/toolchain etc.
10 > (but not new to gentoo)
13 http://grsecurity.net/gracldoc.htm
14
15 >From the sample policy file that ships with grsec,
16
17 # the d flag protects /proc fd and mem entries for sshd
18 # all daemons should have 'p' in their subject mode to prevent
19 # an attacker from killing the service (and restarting it with trojaned
20 # config file or taking the port it reserved to run a trojaned service)
21
22 subject /usr/sbin/sshd dpo
25 > I get it. I didn't try to see if SSHD was still running. I'll give it
26 > another go when I get a chance.
29 Thanks,
30 Andrew Griffiths
31 --