From: Matt Thode <mthode@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux base policy r2 in hardened-dev overlay
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:26:13
1 On Aug 22, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 03:18:16PM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
4 >> What you are suggesting (label init script) is exactly what I was talking
5 >> about: instead of having the init scripts labeled initrc_exec_t, they should
6 >> be labeled like slapd_initrc_exec_t, postfix_initrc_exec_t, ... and Gentoo's
7 >> integrated run_init support, which by the policy is currently only working
8 >> on initrc_exec_t, should support those too.
9 >
10 > I guess that won't be happening soon.
11 >
12 > When an administrative interface is granted to a domain/role (like
13 > ldap_admin) then a role transition to system_r is automatically granted
14 > when a transition occurs on the domain-specific initrc script (like
15 > slapd_initrc_exec_t). In case of integrated run_init support, this would
16 > create a context root:system_r:run_init_t, which is invalid.
17 >
18 > Removing the role transition in all administrative interfaces is imo a no-go
19 > as that would mean lots of work and maintenance.
20 >
21 > Oh well, it was fun to try...
22 >
23 > Wkr,
24 > Sven Vermeulen
27 I know this is not ideal, but can you simply allow sysadm_r to use rc-service and it's brothers?
28
29 -- Matthew Thode

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature