From: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Prelude Hybrid IDS
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:31:01
1 On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 02:36, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Michael & List
3 >
4 > First I'd like to say thank you for your ebuild submissions to the
5 > ugzilla system. But I have to mention that while live CVS ebuilds are
6 > very nice for developers/or the bleeding edge its pretty much
7 > discourraged around here for a developer to introduce new live cvs
8 > ebuilds unless its has a static ebuild counterpart to go along with
9 > them. This is needed so the package can hopefully reach "stable" status
10 > in portage eg: not ~arch
11 >
12 > If however your willing to work with us on this and make static ebuilds
13 > with versions that have digestable md5sums then I'd be happy to work
14 > with you on getting these ebuilds commited to portage on your behalf, or
15 > atleast the ones that are not assinged to another dev already.
16
17 Sure thing. I'll whip up some ebuilds in a few hours. Should I append
18 them to the same bugs that are already open or create new bugs for them?
19
20 Best regards
21 Michael Boman
24 Michael Boman
25 Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd
26 http://www.securecirt.com