From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: GNUtoo@××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened and 64bit
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:05:54
1 Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 schrieb GNUtoo@××××××.org:
2 > > - Qemu is not very powerful (performance wise)
3 >
4 > there is kqemu that accelerate qemu a lot(and it's now free software/open
5 > source)
6 Thank you for mentioning.
7
8 But I made some performance tests with kqemu (the default: kernel
9 compile ;-) ) and it took significantly longer than with vmware (I don't
10 remeber the exact times. But I guess it took around 40% more time compared
11 to vmware-server.).
12
13 I like qemu as a local VM for a Windows on my notebook. But I guess it won't
14 perform well enough on a server when several VMs are to be used. I haven't
15 tested on 64bit yet, however.
16
17 Marcel