From: "Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro" <lorenzo@×××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PAX + SELinux any known problems?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 11:50:50
1 El jue, 05-05-2005 a las 11:35 +0100, pageexec@××××××××.hu escribió:
2 > > I've two servers running with hardened-sources and GRSecurity + PAX
3 > > enabled and anything went fine. Two other servers running
4 > > hardened-sources with SELinux and GRSecurity + PAX I always get PAX
5 > > errors when I want to install something through emerge.
6 >
7 > humm, how do selinux/grsec coexist at all?
8
9 SELinux and grsecurity (subsequently, PaX too, using the *currently*
10 unavailable, or missing hooks as of hardened-sources-2.6.11-r1, though
11 you can use 'direct' integration) can coexist, but you can't use
12 grsecurity's RBAC, only it's "general" features.
13
14 The performance hit may be just a bit bigger than the one that you can
15 have by just using SELinux or grsecurity alone, but the consistency of
16 the system makes worthy such overhead (indeed, you can supply most of
17 grsecurity's "general" features by using a correct configuration of the
18 policy, ie. preventing programs to access /proc files of other domains,
19 using the strict policy for preventing the "path walking" of untrusted
20 filesystem links, etc).
21
22 Cheers,
23 --