From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] pthread_create problems on hardened x86
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:03:23
1 On 08/01/2012 05:29 PM, PaX Team wrote:
2 > On 1 Aug 2012 at 9:56, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 >> But, I'd ruled out the stack size limitation because resource oversteps
5 >> are supposed to be reported:
6 >
7 > it's not a resource overstep but simply not enough virtual address space
8 > (either because it's too fragmented to fit such a big allocation or the
9 > free space is not enough itself).
12 I don't completely understand, but I believe you =)
13
14 Setting `ulimit -s unlimited` in my global rc.conf cleared up the
15 problem. Thanks again for the help.