From: Julien Thomas <julien.thomas@×××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Having a long delay at login prompt.
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:22:18
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Having a long delay at login prompt. by wahjava.ml@gmail.com (Ashish Shukla =?utf-8?B?4KSG4KS24KWA4KS3IA==?= =?utf-8?B?4KS24KWB4KSV4KWN4KSy?=)
1 Hello.
2
3 In fact, at the beginning it was a misconfiguration of the security
4 parameters of the connexion, which made the ldap server unable to
5 answer the requests.
6
7 But per default, without LDAP module, you should not have any problem of
8 this kind ...
9
10 I have checked one of my server SELinux configuration, and I note the
11 following differences (marks [x]) with what you have posted (I do not
12 have inserted marks when your lines have additional parameters)
13
14 Hopes it could help.
15 NB: Some lines are for pam_ldap, though
16
17 * common-auth
18 auth sufficient pam_ldap.so
19 auth sufficient pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass
20 auth required pam_deny.so
21
22 * system-auth
23 auth required /lib/security/pam_env.so
24 auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok shadow [x]
25 auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
26 auth required /lib/security/pam_deny.so
27
28 account sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so
29 account sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
30 account required /lib/security/pam_deny.so [x]
31
32 password required /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
33 password sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok
34 shadow md5
35 password sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
36 password required /lib/security/pam_deny.so
37
38 session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so
39 session required /lib/security/pam_unix.so
40 session optional /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
41
42 [x] note that I have commented the PAM-1.0 section, which is not the
43 case for you.
44
45 For the nsswitch.conf (Yes, it was the file I was talking about),I have
46 similar lines, with ldap parameters sometimes. So the problem should not
47 be here.
50 Julien Thomas.
51
52 Ashish Shukla आशीष शुक्ल a écrit :
53 > ,--- julien thomas writes:
54 > | Hi.
55 >
56 > Hi,
57 >
58 > | When I used PAM with LDAP, I experienced the same problems sometimes.
59 > | Do you use additionnal PAM modules?
60 >
61 > I pasted my PAM configuration earlier, I don't use any other module
62 > except those listed there. Did you find the cause of your problem ?
63 > What I think in your case the problem will be availability of
64 > unavailability of LDAP at the time of logon.
65 >
66 > | For instance, what is your /etc/nss.conf file ? (I mean, the nss
67 > | configuration file, but I am not sure of the name)
68 >
69 > I hope you mean nsswitch.conf. Following is my nsswitch.conf:
70 >
71 > ----8<----8<----
72 > # /etc/nsswitch.conf:
73 > # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo/src/patchsets/glibc/extra/etc/nsswitch.conf,v 1.1
74 > 2006/09/29 23:52:23 vapier Exp $
75 >
76 > passwd: compat
77 > shadow: compat
78 > group: compat
79 >
80 > # passwd: db files nis
81 > # shadow: db files nis
82 > # group: db files nis
83 >
84 > hosts: files dns
85 > networks: files dns
86 >
87 > services: db files
88 > protocols: db files
89 > rpc: db files
90 > ethers: db files
91 > netmasks: files
92 > netgroup: files
93 > bootparams: files
94 >
95 > automount: files
96 > aliases: files
97 > ---->8---->8----
98 >
99 > | An other point would be the login configuration. For instance, with
100 > | pamldap,I configured NFS based home directory ...
101 >
102 > I have my home directory on the same partition on the same hard disk
103 > as the gentoo installation.
104 >
105 > | Julien Thomas.
106 >
107 > Thanks
111 My RSA public key for email authentication is avaiblable at
112 http://www.rennes.enst-bretagne.fr/~jthomas2/
113 and on the PGP server http://subkeys.pgp.net

julien_thomas.vcf text/x-vcard
signature.asc application/pgp-signature