From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Security Level: high/server/workstation/virtualization
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:55:46
1 On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:34:42 +0200
2 wrote:
3
4 > > > Core2Duo
5 > >
6 > > I don't know the details but according to OpenBSDs Theo, the Core2Duo
7 > > had some major design flaws that intel couldn't fix with microcode with
8 > > some security implications.
9 >
10 > yeah, Theo for president! of the lunatic asylum.
13 No need, especially as he's not here to defend himself, atleast he
14 offered info to backup his statements even if he didn't try to prove
15 anything.
16
17 "http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118296441702631"
18
19 "http://www.geek.com/images/geeknews/2006Jan/core_duo_errata__2006_01_21__full.gif"
20
21 p.s. It wasn't Theo that said anything about the malloc.conf flag for
22 clearing memory on free instead of re-use, possibly being less secure.
25 I'm no troll, though I may hijack a thread a little too often, sorry. I
26 can understand though don't agree with the tendency of Linux bashing
27 on the OpenBSD list as they're license/ideals mean they can't use GPLd
28 code and they have to deal with porting and other issues, of course some
29 of those ports wouldn't exist or be as good without Linux. I don't
30 understand the sensitivity to mentioning OpenBSD or Theo by the
31 minority here as Linux is free to and does use their code.
34 Kc