From: Zack Gilburd <zack@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Policy Help regarding Postfix and amavisd-new =)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:35:28
1 Hey, everyone =)
2
3 First of all, I would like to say that I just installed SELinux /late/ last
4 night, so I don't have that much of an understand about what exactly I need
5 to do to fix my problems.
6
7 The first, and most important, problem I am having occurs when I am in
8 permissive mode. I have attached the relevant /var/log/kern.log segments and
9 put them up on my website -- the URL is
10 <http://tehunlose.com/tmp/sehelp.txt>. The reason why I say it is the most
11 important is because, with the errors provided and while the amavisd.log says
12 that everything is happening okay, I am not quite sure that amavisd is able
13 to do what it *needs* to do (SpamAssassin filtering and clamav/clamd
14 fitlering).
15
16 The second problem I am having occurs when I enter enforcing mode. I have a
17 proftpd daemon running. When I enter into enforcing mode, my users can no
18 longer authenticate sucessfully, although they can telnet in. If/when they
19 telnet in during enforce mode, their username is accepted but their correct
20 password is rejected. The users are able to SSH in, though, so I am guessing
21 it's a a problem with my policies.
22
23 The third problem also occurs during enforce mode. When I try to send mail to
24 myself through telnet (for debugging purposes, I'm not that oldschool ;)),
25 everything *appears* to go through correctly. However, I never receive the
26 mail. I notice no evidence of a problem in any of my log files. In fact,
27 that brings me to my fourth problem.
28
29 When I enter enforcing mode, all of my log files stop flowing -- all of them.
30 kern.log, messages, etc., they all just... stop. I am guessing that the log
31 files can not be written under my current policies, but that is just my
32 haphazard guess.
33
34 Also, in enforcing mode, I can no longer scp to or from my SELinux box.
35
36 For my policy, I am currently using pebenito's base-policy for the June 26th,
37 2003.
38
39 Thank you :)
40 --