From: Brian Fernald <bfernald@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] building gentoo hardened - selinux
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:47:31
1 Hi,
2
3 I have just walked through the Gentoo SELinux handbook to build a new
4 system. Whenever I come to the point of loading the security policy, it
5 attempts to build a Policy of version 18 .. It reports the following :
6
7 make load
8 * Creating policy.conf
9 * Policy version: 18
10 * Kernel version: 16
11 * WARNING: Policy version mismatch. Is your POLICYCOMPAT set correctly?
12 * See http://hardened.gentoo.org/selinux/selinux-policy.xml#doc_chap6
13 * for more information.
14 * Compiling and installing policy.18
15 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: loading policy configuration from
16 /etc/security/selinux/src/policy.conf
17 security: 3 users, 5 roles, 367 types, 1 bools
18 security: 51 classes, 24552 rules
19 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: policy configuration loaded
20 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: writing binary representation (version 18) to
21 /etc/security/selinux/policy.18
22 * Building file_contexts
23 * Installing file_contexts
25 /usr/sbin/load_policy: security_load_policy failed
26 make: *** [tmp/load] Error 3
29 ... i then changed POLICYCOMPAT to be 16 and tried again :
30
31 make load
32 * Policy version: 16
33 * Kernel version: 16
34 * Compiling and installing policy.16
35 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: loading policy configuration from
36 /etc/security/selinux/src/policy.conf
37 security: 3 users, 5 roles, 367 types, 1 bools
38 security: 51 classes, 24552 rules
39 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: policy configuration loaded
40 /usr/bin/checkpolicy: writing binary representation (version 16) to
41 /etc/security/selinux/policy.16
43 /usr/sbin/load_policy: security_load_policy failed
44 make: *** [tmp/load] Error 3
47 it still fails.
48
49 The system is currently booted to the LiveCD (as per instructions).. the
50 kernel downloaded and build was 2.6.7-hardened-r8 (emerge
51 hardened-dev-sources) ..
52
53 Could anyone shed some light on what I am doing incorrectly ?
54
55 Thanks,
56
57 Brian