From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] relocation error because of missing __guard since upgrading to glibc-2.13
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:02:45
1 Some binaries are failing since the last glibc upgrade like this:
2 -
3 binaryname: relocation error: binaryname: symbol __guard, version
4 GLIBC_2.3.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
5 -
6 I'm actually surprised how well my machines doing despite this problem.
7
8 For those who have the same problem, you can search for affected binaries
9 using this command:
10 -
11 scanelf -qRs __guard /bin /lib /sbin /usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/sbin /opt
12 /var/www/
13 -
14
15 -
16 equery belongs path/binary
17 -
18 command can be used to query for which package the binary belongs to.
19
20 Can somebody update me on the nature of the problem? Is it an intended
21 movement to drop __guard? I know, that it's obsolete. I would suggest to
22 communicate this in an enews or whatever for all hardened users. Or I may
23 be the only one, who rolls the system without regular world recompiles?
24
25 Regards:
26 Dwokfur
27 --
28 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
29 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057