From: Peter Buettner <pb@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] su and newrole do not work from normal user account
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:09:26
1 Hello nixnut,
2
3 for some reason i didn't get your posting from the list so i got it from the archive.
6 >Hi Peter,
7
8 >>Hello,
9 >>
10 >>I performed a stage1 install from the hardened gentoo CD. Installation >>works fine and without problems.
11 >>
12 >>But with the loaded policy it is not possible to do newrole -r or su - >>from normal user account.
16 >I see that you added some users to the users file. Did you then compile >
17 >the new policy and load it?
18
19 Yes.
20
21 >And are sysop and the other added users linux users too, i.e. it they
22 >have entries in the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files?
23
24 Yes, they have.
25
26 >regards,