From: nixnut <nixnut@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] weak policy?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 14:21:53
1 Hello Markus,
2
3 On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:38:51 +0200
4 Markus Bartl <hardened@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > Hi there.
7 >
8 > Ive got my SELinux kernel up and running.
9 > What im wondering about is that i can restart services without
10 > changing to the sysadm_r role.
11 > Im logged on as root but root belongs only to staff_r.
12 > Do I have to worry about it or is this just as expected?
13 > Im new to SELinux. Just dealed with regular hardened stuff so I get
14 > lost in the basics i guess.
15
16 root being staff_r after logging in is expected. There's no need to
17 give it extra priviliges unless root is actually going to do something
18 that requires them. In that case root is expected to use newrole to
19 change his role to sysadm_r.
20
21 regards,
22 nixnut