From: RB <aoz.syn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] some pax questions
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:24:06
1 On Nov 21, 2007 11:49 AM, Brian Kroth <bpkroth@××××.edu> wrote:
2 > - In the docs for ASLR it notes that a side effect is memory space
3 > fragmentation. How is this dealt with, if at all? Perhaps this isn't as big
4 > a problem as I think it is.
5 I don't know how it's dealt with, but in over two years of using it I
6 haven't seen any issue, from very small (64M) to very large (16G)
7 memory machines. I can imagine that there may be some performance
8 hit, but have never needed to benchmark to find out how much.
9 Wikipedia seems to have a decent discussion of it:
10 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PaX_%28Linux%29
11
12 I can't answer the other questions to my own satisfaction for you.
13 --
14 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list