From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] perl & grsec & RLIMIT_CORE
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:59:33
1 On 3 Jul 2005 at 18:09, kakou wrote:
2 > I have some problem with grsec and an upgrade of perl to perl-5.8.7.
3 > During the update, grsec kill perl and generate a trace :
4
5 the application is crashing due to a bug and tries to dump
6 core whose limit you set to 0, hence the report from grsec.
7
8 > grsec: denied ressource overstep by requesting 4096 for RLIMIT_CORE
9 > against limit 0 for /var/.../miniperl [...]
10 >
11 > (Also, I have this error with other program like relay-ctl ...)
12 >
13 > How to ignore(force) this rlimit control ?
14
15 you don't ignore it but rather try to find out what breaks ;-).
16 'ulimit -c unlimited' will enable coredumping then you can
17 take a look at it and see what happened.
20 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list